LocationsCorpus Christi Premises Liability Lawyers
Slip and Fall Lawyers Serving Injured Clients in Corpus Christi and Surrounding Communities
521 Starr St
Corpus Christi, TX 78401
Premises liability claims involve an injury on someone’s property due to an unsafe, defective, or dangerous condition. There are a multitude of cases that fall under this legal concept and require assistance from a Corpus Christi premises liability attorney.
If you have been involved in a premises liability or slip and fall accident, call Thomas J. Henry for a FREE case review.
On This Page
What is a Premises Liability Lawsuit?
A premises liability lawsuit involves injuries and damages caused by dangerous properties and/or negligent property owners. Due to the complexity of these types of cases, proving liability is oftentimes difficult, and in many instances, the business owner, property owner, or company that is liable will fight tooth and nail to deny your claim and prevent you from receiving the compensation you deserve.
In order to have a viable premises liability claim in Corpus Christi, there are few things that must be proven:
- The entity you are bringing the claim against must have created or contributed to the factor that caused your injury
- The property or business owner knew about the factor but did not take reasonable care to remedy it, or the dangerous factor was present for a period of time in which it should have been properly addressed
- The property owner allowed you, either as an invitee or licensee, to be on the premises where the accident occurred
By speaking with a slip-and-fall attorney in Corpus Christi, you can better understand if you have a case or not. At Thomas J. Henry, our team of premises liability lawyers has handled all types of cases. We will provide you with free case consultation, go over the facts and evidence, and determine if you have a claim.
Examples of Premises Liability Cases
Any accident that occurs due to a dangerous condition or unsafe premises could be a potential case. Common premises liability accidents include:
- Amusement park accidents
- Dog bites and other animal attacks
- Negligent security
- Railing, balcony, and window falls
- Slip and falls
- Wet floors without proper caution signage
Documenting Your Slip and Fall Accident in Corpus Christi
One common thread among all premises liability cases is that they may occur without any witnesses to corroborate your story. Without reporting your accident to the property owner or manager at the time of the incident, they may deny that it ever occurred.
Many large companies and nationwide chains have procedures in place for when a visitor is injured on their property. When possible, file an accident report and ask for a copy.
There are other situations where a premises liability accident will occur where there are no apparent property owners present, such as with a dog bite. If you find yourself in an instance like this, call the police or call for an ambulance if you are injured. Both of these entities will document your injuries and how they occurred.
In addition, there are resources to report certain types of premises accidents or dangerous premises to proper authorities in Corpus Christi:
- Report a dangerous dog: Corpus Christi Animal Care Services
- Report an animal bite: Corpus Christi Animal Bite Report – in cases of emergency, call 911
- Report code violations, including dangerous premises: City of Corpus Christi Online Self-Service Center
Steps to Take After a Slip and Fall Injury
If you’ve been hurt in a premises liability accident, such as a slip and fall, follow these five simple steps to protect your well-being and your rights as an accident victim:
- Above all, seek medical treatment for your injuries, whether it is being seen by emergency services at the scene of the accident or making an appointment with your primary care physician.
- Report the accident to the property owner or manager and ask for a copy of the report, if possible.
- Document the scene of the accident and take pictures of the factor that caused your injury.
- If there were witnesses to the accident, ask for their names and contact information.
- Call a local slip and fall attorney in Corpus Christi to assist with your personal injury claim.
Injured in a Slip and Fall? Contact a Corpus Christi Premises Liability Attorney
Premises liability cases are oftentimes complex and require a legal team with vast experience handling these types of claims. They also require resources and the ability to retain experts that can help prove your story. Thomas J. Henry has handled many successful slip and fall cases in Corpus Christi and across the state of Texas for more than 25 years. Let our dedicated team of attorneys help you get the compensation you need to cover mounting medical bills and lost wages from missing work.
Call now and speak with an attorney, or fill out an online contact form and we will reach out to you. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends to evaluate your case and provide you with a free case consultation.
Our Corpus Christi Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 361-254-7873 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address:521 Starr Street, Corpus Christi, Texas 78401 (walk-in Monday through Friday)
Contact Us for a Free Case Review
Contact Us for a Free Case Review
Your Questions Answered
We have straight answers to difficult questions
to help you make critical decisions, navigate
legal process and help you get justice.
Following an accident, there are always more questions
than answers. At Thomas J. Henry, we’re here to answer
any questions you have about your injury case.
CONTACT US 24-7
If you have been injured, then you have undoubtedly questioned if you should contact an attorney or pursue your claim through your insurer. The important thing to remember is that there is a difference between contacting an attorney and hiring an attorney. Regardless of your injury or how it occurred, it is always best to at least reach out to an attorney. Speaking with an experienced attorney can help you understand the options that are available to you and inform you to your best course of action. This is why Thomas J. Henry Law offers FREE no-risk case consultations to all injured victims.Remember, insurance adjusters are familiar with claim procedures and liability, even when you are not. It is also important to remember that the primary job of an insurance adjuster is to limit their client’s liability and save their company money. Everything said during phone calls and recorded statements to an insurer can be used to challenge your claim, twist liability, and downplay the extent of your injuries. In short, the insurance company and its adjusters do not have your best interests in mind.Injury attorneys understand the tactics most often used by insurers to chip away at a claim, and they can advise you on how your case may benefit from experienced legal representation. The insurance company representing the person or entity responsible for your injuries has already begun the process of safeguarding themselves against liability – isn’t it time you took the steps necessary to protect your rights and claim to compensation?
A successful personal injury attorney will utilize their legal expertise, resources, and knowledgeable support staff to develop your case in a way that accurately demonstrates liability as well as any economic and non-economic damages you have incurred. The ultimate goal is to take care of the client's claim so that the client can focus on their health and physical recovery.Thomas J. Henry Law has the legal and financial resources necessary to properly build and handle your case in the most effective and efficient way possible. Your attorney will make sure you are treated with respect, are kept informed with the most up-to-date information on your case, and that you are comfortable throughout the entire legal process as we work to secure the compensation you deserve. We will also work with medical providers to ensure you receive proper medical treatment for all of your injuries.Experienced attorneys also have access to expert witnesses with specialized knowledge on a subject related to the case. Thomas J. Henry has spent years finding the best expert witnesses across the United States. Our firm retains the most qualified experts for each individual case, from accident reconstruction experts to medical professionals. Every expert undergoes a rigorous and in-depth examination process before ever being involved in a client’s case.
If you fail to contact an experienced Corpus Christi injury lawyer after an accident or injury, you are putting your entire personal injury claim in jeopardy. By choosing to go it alone, you run the risk of:
- Unintentional inconsistencies – Crashes and accidents are hectic and disorienting. As time moves on, you will likely remember less and less about the events leading up to and following your accident. When an insurance company goes back to compare all the statements you made over a period of weeks or months, they will claim that any inconsistencies were attempts by you to mislead the company and label them as lies before a judge or a jury.
- Exposure to trick questions – Representatives often ask trick questions or word their inquiries in a way meant to trick or trap you. You may even be pressured into agreeing to facts that are not completely accurate just to get the representative off your back. Even an aggravated response of “I don’t know, maybe” or “I guess” can come back to haunt you later.
- Exposure to leading statements – Even a statement that seems innocent on its surface can damage your claim depending on your response. For example, by giving a positive response to statements like “I hope your back is starting to feel a bit better” or “Wow, it’s a miracle you weren’t more seriously injured,” you could be tricked into understating the severity of your injuries.
- Failure to report undiagnosed injuries – Most doctors agree that the full extent of injuries suffered in an accident may not be evident until several days after the accident has occurred. If a claims adjuster contacts you within 24 hours of a crash and asks about your injuries, chances are you will not be able to provide a complete list of injuries. This will not stop the insurance company from questioning and attempting to dismiss any injuries that became symptomatic after that initial recorded statement was made.
- Provide material for cross-examination – By the time deposition or trial occurs, chances are the defense counsel will have reviewed your recorded statements dozens of times. They will craft questions for cross-examination with the understanding that you likely don’t remember everything you said or agreed to in that recorded statement. And when you misremember or contradict yourself in a moment of confusion, they will try to claim your misstatement proves your testimony is not credible.
We do accept walk-ins at our Corpus Christi offices. For your convenience, however, you may wish to make an appointment by calling our offices or completing an online contact form.
Yes. Our Corpus Christi injury attorneys are on-call, 24/7. If an in-person meeting is necessary and you are unable to travel to our offices, we will send an attorney directly to you.
Why Choose Us
Help with Bills
If you’ve been hurt, you may have a damaged vehicle or be unable to work. We can help get you a rental car if your vehicle is damaged and even advance money on qualified cases.
Full-Service Injury Firm
We handle all types of injury cases, including vehicle accidents, slip and falls, medical malpractice, vehicle recalls, product recalls, pharmaceutical cases, mass tort, and more.
We Come to You
If you’ve been hurt, you may not be able to come into our offices to speak to an attorney. Don’t worry, we will come to you wherever you are – at home, work, or hospital.
No Fee Guarantee
Thomas J. Henry offers a “No Fee Promise.” We work on a contingency fee basis which means you do not pay our firm any fees unless and until we win your case.
Largest Injury Firm in Texas
We have 250+ attorneys available 24/7 to help you and your family. We have the power and resources to handle any case. We offer free case consultations and collect no fees unless we win.
Our firm wins top verdict awards each year and has been featured in Texas Monthly, Bloomberg BusinessWeek, Newsweek.com, Forbes, Fortune, Parenting Magazine and more.
Top Verdicts & Settlements
We win some of the top verdicts, settlements, and judgments in the country. Recent recoveries include $50 million for a trucking accident, $35 million for a trucking accident and $30.2 million for a vehicle recall accident.
This is just a small sampling of the results we have obtained for our clients. Please click through to view more verdicts, settlements, and judgments.
Net to Client: $27 Million
Expenses: $1.1 Million
Attorney Fees: $21 Million
SPINE & BACK INJURIES
Net to Client: $22.2 Million
Expenses: $100 Thousand
Attorney Fees: $12.8 Million
Net to Client: $20.1 Million
Expenses: $39.6 Thousand
Attorney Fees: $10.1 Million
SPINE & BACK INJURIES
Net to Client: $6.7 Million
Expenses: $652 Thousand
Attorney Fees: $7.4 Million
TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY
Net to Client: $10.4 Million
Expenses: $300 Thousand
Attorney Fees: $2 Million
SPINE & BACK INJURIES
All Recent Results
Help & Information
Car Accident Accident Facts and Statistics
Every year, millions of Americans are injured in crashes involving cars, trucks, and SUVs.
View InfographicsDownload PDF
Are punitive damages available in a Texas auto accident case?
Learn about recoverable damages available to you after suffering an auto accident injury.
Texas Personal Injury Legal Guide
Learn about the car accident claim process in Texas and how best to protect your rights.
Related Practice Areas
No matter the injury or the accident, if you or a loved one
were harmed due to the negligence of an individual or
company, Thomas J. Henry is here to assist you.
Corpus Christi 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer Corpus Christi Car Accident Lawyers Corpus Christi Company Vehicle Accident Lawyers Corpus Christi Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Corpus Christi Premises Liability Lawyers Corpus Christi Truck Accident Lawyers
- Corpus Christi San Antonio Austin Dallas Houston Puerto Rico
CONTACT US 24-7
All Blog Posts
Austin | 8 months ago
Working with the Thomas J Henry Law staff was an amazing experience. They were always so communicative through out the entire process.
Austin | 2 months ago
I highly recommend this law firm! They work hard and honestly for their clients.
Austin | 2 months ago
Thomas J. Henry is not only a great attorney, he’s also extremely supportiveo f the communities he serves!